Monday, April 18, 2005

inherited sense of the blessed liege

this phrase, proffered in conversation with Lucy this weekend, is just great. We were talking about the victorian idea of a gentleman who was part adventurer, part philanthropist and part estate manager. in addition to the plague of conscience that we suffer, this sense of the blessed liege, inherited from our victorian forbears, causes us to stay our capitalistic killhand when it comes to trading with third world countries. we also lamented the apparent loss of this sense amongst the rich and powerful who, by way of self justification, have somehow corrupted the position of blessed liege into something more like naturally selected predator with flock of subservient minions.
that was the gist of it anyway. maybe it was some sense of community that motivated me to sign away my organs to the NHS on thursday. or maybe it was just the brainwash behaviour pattern of form filling. tick here, "any part of my body" and sign beneath. Thats great, you may now make an appointment to visit with the doctor.
All i want is to have my creeping leprotic patches with their weeping necrotic sores analysed at a safe distance by a professional, who can then point me to the correct pharmacy counter at which to empty my wallet. I want to give the NHS my money. really i do. They deserve it for looking after my health, and that of millions of others. But my organs? now i'm not too sure about that. i could probably sell them and get better healthcare at the same time...

also saw aragorn this weekend, spending loads of his hard earned cash on old records and stuff. caught him and greenman coming out (hehe) of this
little underwear boutique in Camden.
1. Notice the name (pink piranha)
2. and the type of stuff they sell.
3. draw your own conclusions about what these two were doing

thats right! shopping for underwear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home